Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Little Helpers

Yesterday Julia started running a fever right around dinner time (oh the evil hour of motherhood) and stayed up most of the night coughing and wanting Mom. This morning despite feeling crummy she was in a pretty good mood. What was even more amazing was to walk into the kitchen and find Julia unloading the dishwasher and putting the utensils back into the drawers. When I asked her what she was doing she said, "I am helping Mama. I am cleaning". I was literally speechless at how sweet Julia was and the fact that she was putting the dishes away in the right spots. Take look for yourself!


As a mother I worry that I do not spend enough time teaching my children how to be polite, helpful, kind, and most important Christlike. Today, though, I am grateful for those little moments when your children surprise you and you realize that you are doing at least an okay job of being a mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love your photos..they are really nice...